Bright, friendly, sustainable and inviting – we are very happy about our new office and social building at the central HUB in Schlitz near Fulda! There are spacious break and changing rooms as well as modern sanitary facilities for drivers, HUB employees, and there are also offices, a training room, a doctor’s room, and 120 car parking spaces in front of the building.
We have invested a total of 2.5 million euros in the 800-square-meter, energy-saving building in timber construction, including the land. The higher investment costs for our sustainable “Efficiency House 55” are offset by the lower maintenance costs: Compared with the minimum requirements of the Building Energy Act (GEG), it requires only 55 percent of primary energy, such as coal or mineral oil. At the same time, thermal insulation is 30 percent better.
To reduce the CO2 footprint, a photovoltaic system was installed on the roof. It will not only supply electricity for the fully air-conditioned building at all times of the year, but also power the central HUB. Charging points for e-cars are available in the employee parking lot. As the site for the new building, the OSL real estate company had acquired the corner lot adjacent to the central HUB, which is about 10,000 square meters in size.
- The new building at a glance:
- 10,000 m2 plot
- 3,000 m2 outdoor area (access road and parking spaces)
- 800 m2 of usable building space on two floors
- Photovoltaics, heat pump, ventilation system with heat recovery and the wooden construction minimize the CO2 footprint
- Total investment 2.5 million euros
- Address: Fraurombacher Straße 5, 36110 Schlitz, Germany